Knives Out

Knives Out ★★★★

Rian Johnson has not done one bad film and that's incredible.

What a wild, twisted, enjoyable mystery this was. My eyes were glued to the screen, invested in the story, lost in the mystery, and in awe by the cast. Ana de Armas is fantastic! Really happy she's having her breakthrough after her great performance in Blade Runner 2049. Let's all just agree she won Best Actress despite not being nominated or at all seen by the Academy.

Daniel Craig. I haven't seen any of his Bond movies — or any of the Bond movies, really — but what a performance! He's got that mysterious vibe to him. Like ”who exactly is he?” ”Is he really a good detective?” you ask yourself things like that. He's also got this old English accent to him. He sounds like Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn, it's great.

Rian Johnson. I guess making a bad film isn't in his repertoire. This is a very clever, comedic, and fun mystery film. Every character has their personalities, have a reason for being there, and are not one dimensional. It's incredible how he got everyone to shine because there are a lot of people. There's also some cool camera work done here and there. Room panning to get everyone in a shot, a scene where the camera shakes because our main character is attacked, stuff like that.

I can definitely see myself rewatching this in the future. I feel like there are some missed clues that couldn't be caught on first viewing because obviously, it's the first viewing. So I will more than likely revisit this along the road.

speedy 🤙 liked these reviews