Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

Oh. My. God. I don't know what to say. This was simply soooo incredibly amazing in every possible way and I am just floored. It is already one of the greatest superhero films ever made, and might have some claims for the greatest (just might). Its hard to describe how amazing the animation of this film is, just know that it fills you with joy in moment and then almost 2001-like awe in the next. Miles' story is so well treated also, and I think you feel for his character perhaps more than any other comic book film than I've ever seen, as all of the emotion of everything is always directed back to his story. Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Hailee Steinfeld, John Mulaney, Mahershala Ali, Brian Tyree Henry, Nick Cage (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and others were all so amazing and I think its time for there to be voice acting categories at award shows. The score is legitimately amazing as well (I keep saying amazing 'cause I'm excited and can't think, sorry) on top of the soundtrack (which at times is at little cringey (see Jaden smith)). I don't know what else to say, I had some pretty high expectations going in and they were all surpassed by more than I could ever imagine. Beautiful.

PJ liked these reviews