Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure ★★★½

Duuude, if you, like, had the opportunity to, like, travel back and forth in time, wouldn't you, like, totally use it to pass your history report and meet totally tubular historical dudes and bodacious English princesses? That's exactly what Bill S. Preston, esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan did, and it was, like, totally awesome!!!

Not only did they get some good comedic moments along with Napoleon, Billy the Kid, Sigmund Freud and So-crates among others, they, like, had a lot of charm and likability, which totally made you root for them in their conquest for success. Also, they made Bill's oedipal complex funny, especially since he had, like, the most excellent beauty of a stepmom, who was, like, only two years older than him. Another thing I'd like to add was that it was totally radical that they paid tribute to my favorite science fiction show of all time, Doctor Who, by having a phone booth as their time-traveling vehicle. That is in my book a guaranteed point for awesomeness, dude.

But I felt like something were missing, though. George Carlin, one of the most awesome comedians of all time, was underused and not given enough screentime to be funny, although his presence was appreciated, man. Also, the ending overplayed its plot conveniences a bit too much for my taste, dude, although it did make me chuckle a bit. Besides that, I would have liked to see more funny moments with the historical figures, as I felt we didn't spend enough time with those dudes and dudettes, bro.

In summation, dude, this is a movie you can definitely watch if you're in for a most excellent and entertaining time with a movie that doesn't preach a message to you while at the same time being a great reminder of a time before everything got too gritty, bro.

Patrick liked these reviews