Villains

Villains ★★★★

2019 Ranked boxd.it/3XKtk

Villains is a very goofy movie to be sure and you can tell that right from the begining, but it's quirky and charming characters really worked for me and I had a blast with this. I absolutely love the cast in this, you could make alot more movies starring Bill Skarsgard and Maika Monroe in lead roles and I would be there ready to watch. The way the pair played off of each other was so funny and strange at times, and even though the characters seemed to mess up at every turn and were very incompetent criminals, you still wanted to see them get out of their situation because of how charmingly goofy and madly in love they were. The other duo in this was Jeffery Donovan and Kyra Sedgwick, which were just as interesting as the main couple but 5 times more insane, and their performances were phenomenal. The story kinda suffers from being a bit of a mishmash of other movie plots, which caused it to be kinda predictable but it ends up working out because of its funny but dark tone. It's a very witty dark comedy that I really enjoyed and I hope to see Bill Skarsgard and Maika Monroe in more movies cause I adore their work in this and pretty much everything I've seen from them so far.

By the way, I want a car wash too. That was very cute.

8.5/10