Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me ★★★

Multiple viewings are always necessary when it comes to Lynch films. As per usual, my second viewing of Fire Walk With Me greatly expanded my appreciation for and understanding of Lynch's unique and terrifying vision.

While I still believe there are flaws, there is so much that works I can forgive them. Sheryl Lee is stunning as Laura - she gives a powerful, raw performance. The use of sound is amazing - the soundtrack and ambient noises complement everything that's happening on screen perfectly. Lynch does a masterful job of creating tension and terror - my hair stood on end and I had goose pimples more than once.

One of the major flaws is the incongruous first and second halves are - they almost feel like two different movies.

This review is sort of rambling and disjointed - I've been without sleep for over 24 hours (sleep deprivation is a grand way to experience Lynch - I highly recommend it!). Apologies for that.

I'll close by posing a question: when the hell are we going to get to see the deleted scenes/extended cut?

plebeian liked this review