Aziz Ansari: Right Now

Aziz Ansari: Right Now

aziz pre allegations: i’m so woke! i respect women i hate racism and love the lgbtq community! i would never eat at chic fil a!

aziz post allegations: woke culture is toxic and evil it’s way too much i can’t stand woke people

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

that being said, oddly enough, good special. As someone who thought his first two specials were cute and silly but basically lowest common denominator comedy, and the other two ones being painfully annoying (last one being basically unwatchable), this one seemed so raw and authentic. Like he wasn’t putting on the facade that he’s had for the last 5 years of his career, I saw another side of him, a side that seemed like a more three dimensional person. Made the comedy hit way more for me.Β

This is also probably the best shot comedy special I’ve ever seen, Spike with that 16mm and knowing when to use the close-ups fucking HIT. Beautiful.

I don’t know what the rest of Aziz’s career is gonna look like, but from what this special has told me, he doesn’t know and I don’t think he even cares.

Phil liked these reviews