The Conjuring

The Conjuring ★★★★½

The Conjuring is the definition of a horror film done right. It's creepy, intense, scary, and entertaining. The atmosphere was simply amazing. There were no cheap bullcrap scares. Every scare was legitimate; and that's why I loved this movie. I'd have to say this is the best horror film I've seen in the year 2000 or later. I can't give James Wan enough credit because this was SO well made. Major props sir, I salute you.

Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson were outstanding in their roles. They were believable and sold their performances, without going overboard. I also thought the mother, Lily Taylor did great as well. The father Ron Livingston was the weakest of the "main characters", but nonetheless he still did very good. As a whole the cast was EXCELLENT! If it weren't for the cast, I could see this movie not being as successful as it turned out to be.

The Conjuring is solid proof that good, even great horror films can still be made today. I originally had this at a 4.5; I decided to bump it up to a 5 for the reason I stated in the first paragraph. It's the best horror film that I've seen in the 21st century.

Block or Report