The Long Island Cannibal Massacre

The Long Island Cannibal Massacre ★★★½

When I first invited my friend Chase to watch "The Long Island Cannibal Massacre" with me this week, he immediately laughed and then got all serious and said "There is no way this movie is going to be as good as that title." As we were walking back to my car last night after watching the movie, he resended his statement.

With the merits of Good and Bad set aside, let me just say that this movie is staggering achievement for a 17 year old. It really is way more competent then it has to be or than I was expecting. Also, let the value of a good score never be underappreciated when it comes to elevating a motion picture. This movie had so much good stuff, and yeah it dragged for 20 minutes or so, but it wasn't in the middle as much as it was in the first 30 minutes. The opening scene was great, but it took a while to get going. Overall, I really enjoyed this (and Terror Tuesday in general is just really working for me). Oh, and the ascents and voices in this movie, so awesome. So Long Island, so cannibal, so massacre.

Chris liked this review