La Haine

La Haine ★★★★★

Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land. "

Take a bow Mathieu Kassovitz, for making such a politically charged up and captivating cinema which I'm pretty sure is always going to hold up with time just because the way this film talks about police brutality, the social and economical difference within Paris, and showing all the side of the ideology without judging anyone. Man, this film is a master class in the filmmaking in terms of the both technicality and how to write gripping screenplay.. Mind you there's not a single grandeur moment in this film.. It's about a single day into the life of three friends belonging to poor area within immigrant neighborhood with different set of ideology....I always believe one should never compromise with the story once anyone starts experimenting within the genre.. And thank god this film did the experiment with the camera which I've never seen but not at the cost of writing...i really want to talk about lot of things this film addressed which we all should talk about, and it's disheartening to know this film is never going to get made in India just because of how sensitive our people is about this kind of story.... The cast is brilliant.. Special mention to Hubert Konde who played Hubert a black boxer who wants to get out of this neighborhood but he can't and there's a scene where they had the accident with the police and he sees a banner from train which says "The world is yours", the way he felt the guilt was Brilliant and one of the best scene I've ever seen, cause it's so simple yet heartbreaking to see what he's going through and then at almost the end when he shouts to his friend Vinz played by fabulous Vincent Cassel and I don't want to spoil but I had goosebumps while watching that scene.... All in all I luved the ending cause it could have gone to the other side and I would have been disappointed but man director knew what he's doing from the first moment to last. Just like how at film school teachers teach about the films like Godfather, Taxi driver, Ray's films.. I hope they do teach this film too cause I can't see a better politically correct film then this... I'm so glad that I've seen this film at last and everybody should see this film too... This is CINEMA. 🎬

Prateek Sharma liked these reviews