Interstellar ★★★★★

Interstellar (2014) - A Review

Wow. Interstellar was an amazing experience. It was my first time going to the charming small town cinema six miles from my home town and I’m pleased I had this movie to attend. I wanted to see this film for a while now and tried to avoid all spoilers, and I’m glad I did, because this movie has some nice twists and turns.

First of, Matthew McConaughey (The Wolf of Wall Street, Mud) and Anne Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises) were incredible in this. They play realistic characters and real human beings with real emotions. I also enjoyed watching Jessica Chastain, an actress I hadn’t heard of before. The whole cast delivered some incredible performances.

Secondly, the plot was amazing. Although flawed in some aspects, I enjoyed every bit of it, including the sometimes slow (almost boring) dialogue. And, oh man, the special effects were breathtaking. The effects in the wormhole scene in the final act (those who watched it know what I’m talking about) were stunning and the depiction of the wormhole itself is innovative and unique to the sci-fi genre.

The movie also has a couple of references to Kubrick’s 2001, some charming AI’s, an amazing ending and a wonderful soundtrack. Probably one of the finest films I’ll see this year and thereby it earned my highest rating yet and a place in my favourite films of all time. Mark my words, Interstellar is an instant classic.

10/10