Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming

I love when products, evidently produced for a specific consumer market, make capitalist commentaries that conclude with as profound a thought as 'Greed is bad'. It's all manufactured to perpetuate the false emotions very overtly riled up within an incredibly domineering score. Images show the consequences without leading motion, these stilted moments forming the action sequences that meander through transparent character arcs. My biggest concern is the film's lack of criticism for Parker's manipulation of Liz, throwing their dynamic into drama when the typically contrived Marvel plot requires other people to be pawns in the growth of the protagonist. Peter comes out revitalized, she defeated with all other facets of her life in ruins due to the unthoughtful actions of spiderman. But he said sorry, so it's *fine*. And she seemed passively accepting, so, again, it's *okay*. Her lack of autonomy is quite befuddling, though, this is the case for most characters.

Keaton's arc is actually one of the most revealing things in Marvel's inability to craft thoughtful content, instead reverting to narrative twists that enable the story to force itself into a third act. When will I learn and stop conforming to Einstein's definition of insanity?