Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

I am so incredibly thrilled with this film. I could have easily walked out of the auditorium when we finished and walked straight into another to watch it again. This, for me, is not only one of the best animated movies in years - but one of the best superhero movies of all time. You could just feel the love that went into making this movie. It felt like a comic book was jumping off of the pages onto the screen at all times, one of the most visually stunning and inventive films I’ve ever seen.

The pacing was excellent all the way through, I never felt like there was never a dull moment to be had. I loved all of the Spider-People, they all had their own backstory and felt distinctive in their own way. I won’t even dive too deep into the performances, but the voice acting was top notch all the way around. Jake Johnson as a sweatpants-wearing, gut-packing, middle-aged Peter Parker is everything I could have wanted and more. Everybody brings it, and I couldn’t have asked for better performances from the cast. The villains were great - Kingpin was an absolute unit, the Green Goblin was actually a goblin, and Prowler was SO GOOD (his theme/sound effects were fantastic - he was actually pretty damn creepy). Also, I can’t lie and say I didn’t tear up a bit at that Stan Lee cameo...

Really, right now I’m struggling to find a flaw. I’m definitely going back to watch it again soon, maybe I’ll discover something then but as of right now it’s sitting as a solid 10/10 for me. I loved this film so much. It has a huge amount of heart, has a great story/characters, and some of the best animation I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to get back in the theater to see it again. Well done, everyone involved.

Bradley liked these reviews