Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★

This is the cosmic marvel film we deserved! It’s absolutely the most fun marvel film at its time since probably Iron Man (maybe Avengers but that wasn’t near as strong as Iron Man or GOTG). Also I think this is the most solid film since Iron Man as well.

The humor is great and the characters light up this world. You get an idea of who they are and where they come from, and overall get pretty good development from each character. Their characters humor and goals clash but also oddly balance each other out, which makes for such a great team. There’s also a lot of emotion packed in here which always makes for a better film when handled with such heart. The scenes with characters looking back at their families got me crying, especially with Peter and his mom. Damn.

Quite perfectly cast throughout with everyone bringing something special to their characters. Also y’all already know the soundtrack is outstanding and such a blast. I really feel like bringing in James Gunn and him creating such a great film really set forward a motion of bringing it superb independent directors that shifted the mcu into something much greater.

Aaron liked these reviews