Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2 ★★★★

I wrote a really long review and then deleted it. I just don't want to have to feel like I have to apologize for liking these movies. I don't know what it is. I don't laugh at the potty humor, but I love the pop culture references and non stop barrage of jokes and one liners. I don't know, If you ask me concerning any other movie involving that, I probably wouldn't like it, but I love it in Deadpool. It just fits. This movie just walks the line very well between parody and actually good action sequences and storytelling. I know it has to have a lot to do with loving and reading a ton of X-Force and Cable growing up also.

Do I think this is a Film with a capital "F"? No, but it so obviously isn't trying to be, and that is refreshing (I think?). And I think it does "not caring" really, really well.
Sue me.

The only solace I need is that Sean Baker loves (With a capital LOVED!) these movies. So I am no longer afraid that I am a complete idiot.
Sorry.

Maybe I'll watch it again and it won't feel as amazing, but that didn't happen with the first one...so, whatever...maybe it'll get old someday, when the world isn't super interested in superheroes. As of May 2018, this is the most fun I've had at the movies so far in 2018....