No Time to Die

No Time to Die

A lot of parts I liked. Well directed action, great set pieces. Had a lot going for it, but ultimately fell apart a bit in the last act. I haven’t seen Spectre, so I wasn’t fully aware of what was set up last time. Seemed like it spent way too much time resolving whatever storyline was leftover, rather than telling its own story. Rami was excellent but really not established enough. And the final conceit of Bond killing himself was not earned at all.

Craig's brooding, suspicious temperament was very enjoyable especially.

Sill really enjoyed it overall, even if it's insubstantial afterwards. Felt the budget in a good way.

The nanobots plot line was refreshing, in that I've haven't heard anyone talk about the threat of nanobots since like 2003. Since been replaced by miniature drone swarms,

Also, terrible use of the dead black best friend trope. Let my man Felix live going forward.

Hope the next Bond is less serialized and each film more self contained.

One thing that's quite funny about Bond in general, looking back on it, is how well compensated he seems to be for a civil servant. On the other hand, if the Rollie, Aston Martin etc are just metaphors for the largess of espionage economy then it's almost kind of clever. Except of course, in reality that money is used to assassinate democratically elected officials in developing nations and to tap your iPhone instead of fun gadgets.

Block or Report