Minority Report

Minority Report ★★★★

Steven Spielberg has another hit on his hands with this film. The story is very well-told, the cinematography is good, the musical score is great, the visual effects are amazing, the themes are pretty thought-provoking, the dramatic moments are effective, the editing is fantastic, the action scenes are intense and great to watch, and the acting is really good from everyone especially from Tom Cruise. However, the film does have two big problems that keep it away from being in the levels of Spielberg's other films. First, is that the pacing can get slow at times when it doesn't call for it. It makes the problem worse when the film is almost two and a half hours long and you have to deal with a lot of moments with slow pacing. The second problem with the film is that the story can really be difficult to follow sometimes. For the most part, I was following it, okay but then the film would start saying things that would get me confused about what was going on. This is probably one of those cases where I have to rewatch the film again to fully understand it but it still doesn't change the fact that I had trouble trying to follow this film completely. Also just like with the pacing problem it becomes worse because of the length of the film. There are long stretches where I have to try so hard to put what the characters are saying in this film. It really shows how hard this film was to pay attention throughout and I hope that I will understand it a lot better when I watch this again. Anyway, I still really liked this film. It is not perfect and I can see people not fully understanding it but it definitely is worth seeing just for the visuals and acting alone. If you want to see a Steven Spielberg film that is the most different from all of this other work then this will be right up your ally.

Ryan liked these reviews