Tenet

Tenet ★★★★

It was so great to be back in a movie theater again. To keep in mind I was able to see this film in an area where my theaters just recently opened. However, I didn't just see the film in a regular movie theater I saw it in an IMAX theater, and I have to say that it was quite an experience. Before seeing the film though I would have to say that if you see it in IMAX prepare yourself for how loud the volume in the film will be but considering how Christopher Nolan has a history with his films being too loud especially in IMAX theaters I am not surprised. Anyway, I just wanted to mention it just in case anyone wanted to mention how I was able to see the film.

So moving along with the film I gotta say that I really enjoyed it. It's definitely not one of Christopher Nolan's best films and it is one of his weaker ones but it still has a lot going for it. I actually only have two problems with the film but they are the problems that so many people are having with the film. The first would be the sound mixing which not only is very loud but sometimes it can be so loud to the point where I couldn't hear the dialogue. It probably has something to do with the fact that I saw it in IMAX but I never expected it to be this loud and just crazy. Then there is the second problem which in my opinion really does keep this film from being perfect and that is the confusing story. While watching the film it really is hard to follow and considering how most of the film is just exposition it really doesn't help. I'm positive that it's one of those cases where you need to see this film again in order to fully grasp it which has been of thing with most Christopher Nolan films but still even when I first saw stuff like Interstellar, Memento, or even Inception you could still follow it okay if you're watching it for the first time. With this, I was able to follow it enough but with the really loud sound mixing and the countless amounts of exposition in the film sometimes it would leave me confused about what was going on. Thankfully even if those big problems do keep me from calling this film a masterpiece there are still many amazing things that are worth mentioning. The story itself is very engaging even if it is very confusing, the cinematography is stunning, the musical score is great, the editing is fantastic, there are some really suspenseful moments, the action scenes are intense and incredible to watch, the visual effects are astonishing and look so perfect that they might as well be some of the best visual effects that I've ever seen, and the acting is amazing from everyone. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson do a great job in their roles but the two that stand out are Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh who both give the best performances out of everyone in the film. So I can say for myself that I really enjoyed this film. While it does have two really big problems that do keep it from being perfect it doesn't change the fact that I still had a great time at this film. If you're a Christopher Nolan fan or just want to see a visual spectacle in the veins of Inception or Interstellar then go and check it out. While it may seem risky to go to a theater right now because of the current pandemic that we are in right now I would say that if your theater is taking all the safety precautions it can to make sure that everyone can remain safe then I would say that it is worth going to the theater to see the film but I totally understand people still being careful with not going to the movie theater right now if they are open in those areas. Also before I end this review I have to say this. To anyone that's gonna go to the movie theater make sure that you stay safe and do everything you can to make sure that you are safe but you can still have a great time at the movie theater.

Ryan liked these reviews