The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★

Am I the only one that kind of lost interest in this movie before I came out? Back when the first trailer came out I was quite interested in seeing it but I think we all know the pandemic screwed everything up and when the movie got removed from its late 2020 release date I just kind of lost interest in it. Thankfully it finally came out to Netflix today and after hearing all the great reviews about the movie I decided to give it a chance and watch it and I can say that I am glad I did. While not perfect this movie was a ton of fun and really entertaining to watch. The story is pretty well-told, the musical score and soundtrack are good, the characters are all likable, memorable, and funny, the humor got some really good laughs out of me, the visuals are amazing and extremely colorful which makes the movie pop out of the screen, the action scenes are intense, funny, and visually stunning to watch, the emotional moments are effective along with a great message about family, there is some pretty smart commentary about technology and how we are basically obsessed with it at this point, the voice acting is stellar from everyone with Danny McBride, Abbi Jacobson, and Olivia Colman being the standouts, and the animation is just perfect with all of the stunning visuals that make the action scenes so much fun to watch, the good designs on the human characters and the robots, and the amount of color used in the movie that makes it very eye-catching to watch. These things made this film worth watching, but I can't exactly call it perfect as I said before. The movie does have some problems that kept me back from absolutely loving it. The humor doesn't always land and the story itself while told well is predictable and you can pretty much tell where it's going to end. However, that in no way ruins this movie. As it stands it is still a really fun, funny, and enjoyable film that the whole family can enjoy from beginning to end. If you're looking for an animated film with a good number of laughs, amazing visuals, and a lot of heart, you will really enjoy this one.

Ryan liked these reviews