Inside Llewyn Davis

Inside Llewyn Davis ★★★★½

It is really bold of the Coen brothers to put Marcus fucking Mumford not only on the soundtrack, but as a pivotal song, and expect me not to fall in love. The music is definitely the thing that stuck me the most about this movie. All the folk music was so gorgeous, and it better be if that's what the plot revolves around. Speaking of gorgeous, Oscar Isaac. Oh my god Oscar Isaac literally has my heart in this. He's literally so beautiful: the curls and that voice are daddy vibes for sure. I didn't know I had a thing for him until now, but the man looks so much like Shakey Graves, oh lord! Now I'm even more excited for Dune.
Okay now that I got that out, I should probably talk about the film. I thought it was a perfect blend of comedy and drama, something the Coen brothers do incredibly well. I loved how you could feel the pain that Llewyn is going through, especially when he is singing Fare Thee Well at the dinner scene. Carrie Mulligan's character was another strong part of the film. All of the characters, in fact, were really well written and fully fleshed out. Adam Driver kept making me smile in his first scene too. Does the cat count as a character too? Because I loved the cat. I really liked the color grading and how everything looked so green and cold; it added to the tone of the film for sure. All of the shots were really beautiful well done. The ending took me a second to take in, but that is exactly what a good film does to you. It made me love the story even more overall.
I really loved this movie. I thought it was a simple idea that was fleshed out really beautifully. I will be revisiting this one many times.