Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★

Quarantine Movie #72

I really wasn’t expecting to love this as I don’t care much for the first one, but oh my gosh, I LOVED IT!!!! It’s absolutely hilarious, really campy, the soundtrack bangs yet again, the action is entertaining, our characters are so damn likeable and the stakes are super high. I loved exploring these characters even further as they’re a really great team, and I’m glad we got some more development for our lead Peter Quill. Baby Groot was a fun addition to the team and to the movie, and Mantis was brilliant and adorable. I liked what they did at the end with Yondu, as I believe he was a really compelling character who deserves the recognition that he got. The set design was incredible, and I particularly loved the look of Ego’s planet. The final battle was really exciting, and all the action was pretty well done.

Of course, I have a couple of things I would’ve changed or didn’t like. Firstly, some editing decisions were a little odd and unnecessary, such as the scene with the facial distortion (???). It just made everything a little too silly. Also, the villain being Quill’s Father was excellent but once it was shown to the audience that he was the villain, it started to go a bit downhill from there. I think it was supposed to be a big shock which it wasn’t, and I think what Ego stood for was a little naff.

Block or Report