Her ★★★★★

Wow... I don't know where to start?
First off, this is a love story rather than a movie.
Her is an art of a film to behold with strong thematic content that provokes us all to ask what is love and if love is truly blind.

The film is visually stunning with orange filling the screen throughout accompanied by a blueish tint and other warm colors.
The cinematography is near perfect. This movie should be called him for how much camera time Phoenix has, but the angles and shots help keep the audience visually stimulated and intrigued throughout.

It benefits that Phoenix never becomes redundant or cliche with his hopeless romantic characters and carries our heart with his truly heartbreaking past and story. Ultimately though, this movie is about her, Samantha voiced by Scarlett Johansson, and she will break your heart after you let yourself fall in love with her and this excellent film. A pleasant surprise it is that I cannot put into words. It will engage you to ask what is love and what is a true human connection.

It made me feel uncomfortable, tense, fascinated, joyful, happy, and in love with Spike Jonze for making such an unforgettable and touching movie.

It will no doubt receive mixed reviews because this is a very unusual and deeply mature movie with so much depth to it that it may not be fully appreciated until a second interpretation.

Alec Julian Garza liked these reviews