One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I just watched this film for the fourth time tonight and I realized that it becomes increasingly greater with each new viewing. It has some sort of weird charm about it that makes it so entertaining and so damn enjoyable. The two leads, played by Nicholson and Fletcher, are so undoubtedly perfect. Nurse Ratched (Fletcher) is the one film character that I hate the most because I see no redeeming qualities about her but I can't help but respect Fletcher for bringing such fantastic life to the role even though her character has no soul; I always have to restrain myself from giving her the bird whenever she appears on screen. And, of course, Jack Nicholson also gives a fantastic performance as the charming anti-hero R.P. McMurphy; it's impossible not to like him. I love this movie so much. It's like returning to a close friend every time I watch it. And then when I stop watching it, I begin to miss it. I miss it right now as I'm typing this. I'll even miss it tonight as I slowly cry myself to sleep.

Reelz liked this review