Unfortunately, this is very straightforward and very standard until its final quarter or so, when things finally get interesting.
Sitting through this repulsive movie is like being trapped on a five-hour flight next to a man who picks his butt, eats his boogers, scarfs down Twinkies then vomits all over the seat -- all while playing horrible Hee Haw music on a boombox.
Some reasons why this film rules:
1. Woodstock building a chair lift and ski chalet on top of Snoopy
2. Peppermint Patty asking "Where are the huevos rancheros?"
3. Schroeder hanging his piano on a clothesline to dry
4. The sign saying "THIS WAY KID"
5. Woodstock dancing with himself.
6. Franklin making the most of the two lines he's given in the whole movie.