Mr. Six ★★½

Fellow Letterboxd-ers, have you ever asked yourselves if other theatre audience members can ruin an entire movie for you? Because yes, they totally can. And seeing that this is these Letterboxd entries are labelled as "diary entries", I'm gonna do exactly that. Write a diary entry about this movie rather than a review.

Because Wu Yifan fans fucking ruined my #TIFF15 cinema experience with their piracy methods. Like Jesus fucking Christ, we are about 20+ minutes into the movie, will you put your fucking phone down and stop taking photos of your pop idol? Stop thinking about yourselves and your 5-minutes of Internet fame, and actually consider the 400+ people in the same theatre as you who are distracted by your phone camera. At least two different people were yelling at least five different immature Wu Yifan fans ("Turn off your fucking phones!" Quote unquote.) - five! different! people! - during the movie to turn their cameras off. These five+ people didn't even listen and continued recording the movie. The yelling was so loud too; it was absolutely impossible that these immature Wu Yifan fans didn't hear them yelling. And yes, it was really obvious that the people pirating the movie were Wu Yifan fans because whenever he appeared on-screen with his white hair, they would take out their phones and people would scream at them. They definitely weren't Li Yifeng stans, that's for sure.

Next time a Wu Yifan movie gets invited to TIFF, I will personally write a letter to TIFF to make sure all their public screenings get extra security.

So, fucking immature K-Pop / C-Pop Wu Yifan fans aside, this movie is actually quite decent. I'm actually quite happy that Wu Yifan didn't get a lot of scenes or else the piracy would have been even worse.

Feng Xiaogang does an amaaazing job acting in this movie. He pretty much carries the entire movie from start to finish, and by doing so, especially in the scenes with Li Yifeng and Wu Yifan, you can't help but feel, "Wow, so this is the difference between an actor and an idol actor." Great job by Feng Xiaogang.

The movie is a little long though. I would have shortened it a tad just to speed up the pace. We needed to get to the moral of the story a lot sooner.