Take Your Pills ★★

#takeyourpills on Netflix could have been an insightful documentary about the abuse of ADHD medication in college and the workplace. Instead, it was an attack on the medication itself and the people who take it. Zero peer reviewed research. Misinformed ignorance.
@HowToADHD - Twitter - 2018-03-17

I spent the majority of my morning discussing this movie even before I saw it. It was kinda weird hearing so much about a movie that’s been completly out of my radar. What was the fuzz about?

Turns out that Netflix churned out a documentary about Adderall and Ritalin. In the same turn they managed to take a massive dump on ADHD as a diagnosis. It’s extremly hard to make a completly unbiased documentary, as a filmmaker you are always looking to tell a story. In this case the intention was probably to take a closer look at Americas obsession with success and the abuse that follows that culture. But the non careful treading into the territory of legitimate use; not even spending more than a couple of minutes on it tops made the whole thing into a straight up ”Adderall is bad - The Movie”.

Coming from a country where getting a diagnosis is not as easy as just a one stop at your local doctor but rather having to tread through a series of exams, doctors, appointments, wait, frustration, spending the whole time thinking that ”maybe I’m a fraud...”. There is a certain bemusement of this documentary. Take Your Pills could have been an insightful documentary about the abuse of ADHD medication in a success obsessed America. Instead...

You get the point.