Django Unchained

Django Unchained ★★★★★

With 2.5 hours to spare I thought I'd go for a long over due rewatch of Tarantino's Western success, Django Unchained. I cant believe I had put off a rewatch for so long mainly down to its lengthy run time bit once again it impressed and actually sped by. With each minute that ticked by after the credits rolled I still could not find any reason why not to award this film 5 stars. In fact my appreciation simply grew and grew.

I do like a good western but there has been little of note in the genre for some time, The Proposition, Rango and the remake of True Grit are the only ones I can think of that I really rated in recent years. Now that has all changed.

Django Unchained is bursting with impressive action, gory gun fights, classic Tarantino dialogue, hilarious comedic moments all wrapped up in a gorgeously rich story of revenge. You can't ask for more!

Jamie Foxx is quiet yet dangerous and does a fabulous job as the lead, but the stars of the show are the jaw dropping Christoph Waltz and an impressive turn from Leonardo DiCaprio. They both cannot be faulted... And we definitely can't forget Samuel L. Jackson. This film is layered with brilliance. Definitely up there as one of the best films of the year. I can't wait to watch it again.

Paul liked these reviews