Jurassic Park III ★★★½

The best thing in this movie is the parasail that says DINO-SOAR. That's just quality business punning.

The next best thing might be Sam Neill. He was always great, but next these other goons, he's positively Oscar-worthy.

No, sorry, Alessandro Nivola and Trevor Morgan were also pretty good. William H. Macy was also good in the second half, but the first half performance more than neutralizes it.

A lot of the special effects and CGI were really good, best in the series. Some of the special effects - like the first dinosaur after the plane crash - is some of the worst shit I think I've ever seen.

Despite the bad animatronics, and some really abysmal acting from certain people, this was actually a pretty good movie.

More than anything, they recaptured the wonder of DINOSAURS. It's magical and it's fun again. I believed the premise even though it's approximately as unlikely as any other.

I thought the directing... Well, if they were asking for that from the actors, then I guess the directing was really bad. The movie flows nicely, and it looks pretty good, and I never get confused by scenes. So let's say the cinematography and editing were really good.

JP3 was a good place to leave the series before the new reboot, and I'm excited Neill is returning for the next installment.

This was worth seeing (and a good palette cleanser after that bore-fest The Lost World: Jurassic Park), and I'm glad they got Jurassic Park back on track.