In all honesty... What a surreal experience... What the hell did I just watch? I believe this just transcended the concept of mindfuck.
- I was thinking today how you and I have the same problem.
- Is this true?
- We’ve been misunderstood our whole lives because we allowed ourselves to give them just once to a little liberty.
- Liberty is an irresistible temptation.
- I’ve worked with all the great European and American directors, but I’ll be remembered forever for Mr. Q. For a fucking robot. And I had to wear a suit and armor that weighed two hundred pounds,…
There's a man... In back of this place. He's the one who's doing it. I can see him through the wall. I can see his face. I hope that I never see that face, ever, outside of a dream.
We essentially find ourselves before nothing but a gigantic plethora of confusion, schizophrenia, symbolism, allegories, mystery, horror, human emotions and puzzles far beyond convention. Marvelous.
- I think Stoffer should choose what we do next. Because it’s his party.
- Gang bang.
- No, listen, we’ve got picture lotto, spin the bottle...
- Gang bang.
- Count me in. Gang bang! Gang bang!
This has to be one of the most bizarre films I have ever witnessed, yet it was a perfect example of Lars Von Trier’s signature pitch-black sense of humour. Very, very, very provocative, but still charged with a strong sentimental nature.