Halloween Kills

Halloween Kills ★½

Oh wow, oh wow, OH WOW
What a disappointment. I kinda fucking hated this. Maybe it’s because of how much I love Halloween 2018, but this movie is a slap in the face. This is easily one of the most messiest major studio release I’ve seen in a long time. This shit felt like an unfinished film. A first draft almost. God, I just wanted to pull my hair out.

Halloween 2018 is a really fun slasher film that sets up the potential for a trilogy quite well. Sure, it’s got so many threads going on, but it works for the most part! It’s a fun thrill ride from start to finish. I can’t say the same about this movie. There was very little fun to be had in this. Sure, the gore and kills are amplified to 1000, but even that it is borderline joyless. I think this movie could of been serviceable at best if they had fixed the editing. I felt like I was watching 10 movies at once as scene after scene would bounce around. I would start to kinda like something and then BAM! It was over. What should of been a fun middle movie in a trilogy ended up feeling like a ton of scenes stitched together out of order. For a trilogy that is supposed to be about the Strode women, very little time is actually spent with them. I liked all three of the girls in the first one, but I couldn’t care less about them here. This was just filler, and not even fun filler.

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood, had my expectations too high, or was not willing to give this movie a fair shot to do it’s own thing, but I really didn’t like this at all. There was some fleeting moments of fun, but I just can’t believe how bad this was. I’m definitely way less excited for Halloween Ends now. I need to stop writing this rant because I’m really tired, and I imagine my sentences and thoughts are all over the place.

I will be revisiting this on Sunday when I watch it with my dad and sister. Maybe I’ll be able to give it a second chance. Redemption if I must say. Otherwise, this was a massive bomb for me. Easily at the bottom of the franchise for me.

🕸Jacob 🍂 liked these reviews