The Last Black Man in San Francisco

The Last Black Man in San Francisco ★★★★½

WOW, JUST... WOW!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FIRST FILM FROM JOE TALBOT!

while i was watching the last black man in san francisco one of a24's underrated films of 2019, i was immediately attached to the beauty of the city of san francisco through the cinematography (!!!!) to the friendship of jimmie and montgomery which was the highlight of the film seeing as they both went through life and decisions together, and most importantly, the message which this film delivers to people - after all, from what i've picked up from my viewing, we should remember the importance of not allowing something from our past, such as jimmie endured in the film, to define us as human beings but allow us, individuals, to create something worthy to us and by us achieving that, this will cause people to remember us by doing something we love.

this film has been long on my priority list. i wish i got a chance to admire the beauty of the cinematography in theaters. every minute of this film clutched my heart. this will be a film i can see myself going back to time after time and finding more reasons why i fell in love with it in the first place. enjoy it. create your own opinions on this underrated a24 film. i didn't know what i was heading into with this film but boy, i was surprised and pleased every minute!

added to: 2019 ranked / a24 ranked .

stephanie liked these reviews