The Bye Bye Man ½

This is one of the absolute worst movies I’ve ever seen horror or otherwise. Some of the worst acting, worst dialogue and definitely the worst movie villain I’ve ever seen. How are we supposed to be scared of someone called The Bye Bye Man. They literally just stuck Doug Jones in a T-shirt and hoodie and called it good. This guy wants to kill everybody that hears his name “The Bye Bye Man” but he also needs to keep everyone that knows his name alive so they spread the urban legend. Excellent premise right there. When the main character fucking decimates Mrs. Watkins with his car...that was a great scene. Also another great thing in this movie is the child actor. “What do you think I am a flashlight?” she says right after her uncle killed himself. Haley Joel Osmond is shaking. I love the terrible looking CGI dog that serves no purpose. I love the convoluted backstory and detective plot that goes nowhere. This movie is truly awful, avoid it like the plague...the child acting is still epic though.

RowanHarper liked these reviews