Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★

It took me about 20-30 minutes to really lock into this movie. But when I did, it was a hell of a good time. Brad and Leo are excellent, and I would watch at least 3 more Rick & Cliff buddy movies. The arc of their friendship is understated, yet one of the strongest parts of the film. Pitt is the one who'll likely get more love during awards season, but Leo will undoubtedly show up as well.

The Sharon Tate stuff is handled...surprisingly well. Most of her scenes depict a woman who's enjoying her life and loves seeing her name on movie posters. It's endearing as hell.

This is also one of Tarantino's funniest films, while also being one of his more tame scripts. Don't get me wrong, there's still some of your usual Quentin Tarantino racism/general edgelordiness to be found, and it sticks out like a sore thumb here in particular because so much of this movie doesn't rely on it. Also, maybe don't have the only significant PoC character in your movie be a caricature of actual real human being Bruce Lee.

As hilarious as it is, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is a huge time commitment, as is expected from Tarantino. I wouldn't recommend going to a screening any later than 7:00pm. As much as I enjoyed it, I was really feeling the length in my 7:45pm screening. It's not a dull movie by any means but it's a challenge. If you're up to it, it's more than worthwhile.

4/5 Blenders Full Of Margaritas