The Social Network

The Social Network ★★★★½

When I was typing this movie in the search bar after finishing it to rate and review it I accidentally started typing “Erica Albright” and then realized what I was typing. I typed it in because I can’t stop thinking about how she’s the reason Facebook exists (Edit: in real life her name is Jessica Alona, just looked that up, but the statement still stands). Isn’t that crazy? The way the movie starts with her and Marks quarrel, and then ends with (spoilers, sort of) Mark looking at her account on a social media platform that pretty much exists because of her is just genius. Fincher does such a great job here of telling this story (Fincher is just really good at that I guess because Zodiac also does a great job of this). I never once throughout the duration of this movie got up, paused it, or got on my phone. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time, and I have ADHD, so that really says something. The acting was great, the score was great, the direction was great, and of course, the movie as a whole was great. So, with all of that being said, thank you for reading.