Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming ★★★★½

I've seen this film a couple times with multiple people but yesterday, I watched it for the first time by myself. It made a HUGE difference in my enjoyment of the film. Before, I thought this was okay...nothing special. Boy, was I wrong. There's so much to talk about with Spiderman Homecoming. First off, the thing I love most is that not only is this a Spiderman movie, it's also a super relatable high school film. Even the director himself stated that he was inspired by the filmmaker John Hughes. (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, etc.) He said that in the previous Spiderman movies, Peter's in high school but they never show much of it. The thing that makes Spiderman so relatable to audiences is he's just like us. He's a regular kid, with regular problems that he has to balance with being the badass that is Spiderman. Tom Holland is my favorite portrayal of the webhead by far. The villain in this movie is amazing too. I've been a fan of Michael Keaton's for some time now and this is easily some of his best work. There's also an amazing twist that you don't see coming at all. This is such an amazing movie that I'm so thankful I watched by myself and it definitely deserves 5 stars.

Ryan Sutton liked these reviews