This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Ryan’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
Pretty sure I’ve seen this movie more times than anyone outside of those worked on it. I’m at the point where I’m looking at details on the walls. I brought a notebook this time, so here’s a list of little things that make me happy/sad:
- Lucas Hedge’s pucca shell necklace
- Jenna’s high shine, 2003 lip gloss
- “That’s hella tight”
- The way Laurie Metcalf’s upper lip moves after the line about “the wrong side of the tracks”
- “They look like sperms”
- Justin Timberlake’s ‘Cry Me a River’ on the soundtrack
- Plastic pointsettas aka a staple of West Coast Christmases
- “You’re welcome. No. Thank you”
- Beanie Feldstein in general. Get this girl an Oscar nom
- The tip jar that says ‘if you’re feeling tipsy’
- The way Tracy Letts says Doritos
- “Cities of the world, eternal flame, and MOVIES”
And the single greatest line of the year/decade:
- “Different things can be sad. It’s not all war.”
This is my favorite movie, you guys.