Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★½

Average

I went in with very low expectations for BVS. I was expecting to hate this movie and shred it a new asshole like Man Of Steel( which I just despise btw). And..... I came out surprised. I actually somewhat enjoyed it.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't love it or really really like it, but it's far better than I thought it would be. I thought I would give it 1 star and just be done with it. I'm very surprised. However, the movie itself is very heavily flawed. A mess of a story, poor writing, mediocre cgi, pointless cameos, pointless reasons for things to happen, a tone that was all over the place, Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor was badly miscast, Doomsday was a pile of shit and looked like the cave troll out of the Lord of the Rings, not enough action for a movie titled Batman V. Superman, pointless dream sequences, etc. But there were some good things too.

First off, Ben Affleck killed it as Batman, easily the best live action batman since Keaton. He might have brooded a little too much, but he was badass, mysterious and interesting, just like Batman should be. Both Henry Cavill and Gal Godott were good too. Jeremy Irons was also great as Alfred. Visually, it looked great. That's to be expected from Synder and the one thing he's always great at. the action was well filmed. Also, I was never bored once during the movie, something in it always held my attention which is good. The music is also fantastic, probably my favorite thing about the movie tbh.

So, Batman V. Superman is a hard movie for me to rate. Ultimately, I'm giving it a 2 and a half out of 5 because of its many flaws, but a 2 and a half from me isn't terrible, it's just average/ok. Just like the film. It's not the worst thing ever like some people say and it's not the next Dark Knight either, it's just ok. Which is a lot better than expected from me. Thanks for reading my jumbled thoughts.( Note: Don't have young children watch this movie. It's very very dark. )

Ryley liked these reviews