i've always seen octopi as being somewhat alien-like, but never has anything convinced me of this so strongly. these things are majestic and somehow terrifying. the camerawork and the soundtrack made my brain melt and I will never look at these creatures the same way again.
everything going through my head while watching Salo a second time:
- jesus christ c i n e m a t o g r a p h y
- oh god its the poop again
- shit thats a good butt
- everyone has really good butts
- that Sergio guy is fucking hot
- it's a bit obvious...should I lower the star rating?
- wow fascism is Bad. i understand now
- jesus christ pier cant you be more subtle
I'm speechless. Floored. Shocked. Spooked....I know it was supposed to be good but I usually try not to feed into the hype. Wow. Boy oh boy. Jesus.
I mean really, The Witch is unlike any horror film I've ever seen before. It's completely unique from the rest of the genre. It's weird. It's surreal. It's atmospheric. It's gross. It's shocking. It's tense. It's suspenseful...
I'm gonna search my film diary for a better horror film of recent years. I highly doubt I'll find one.
W O W.