Maniac Cop

Maniac Cop ★★★

Hoop-Tober film #31 - Maniac Cop

From a first glance Maniac Cop looks like a horrible B-Movie, but I took a closer look and watched it. I was pleasantly surprised. It's supposed to be a horror, thriller and it's not, there's not one single scare in this or at any point did I feel suspense but there's something special here. The plot of the film is simple, a cop has gone psycho killing innocent people for no apparent reason. It's actually quite a smart concept because if your in trouble and you see a cop, you'll go to the cop, the criminals will run away and when you think you're all safe *Snap* Neck broken. Within the first 15 minutes there are 3 Maniac Cop killings and just when you think it'll be cut and paste, story, then killing, story, then killing, the newspapers print the killings and every cop is a suspect. Bruce Campbell isn't at his best here but it's still him, if you like him you'll like this. The rest of the cast are trying there best (I think) but nothing award winning here but its above average for a B-Movie.To me it was enjoyable and surprisingly funny and would be great for a Friday night film. Also the Maniac Cops facial features at the ending of the film were hilarious.

Ryster liked these reviews