Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name ★★★★★

“Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.”

this film feels so personal to me. i can remember the exact day i discovered it and the moment i knew i would be seeing this on the big screen. i’ve been longing for that feeling and being reminded why i fell in love with this film in the first place and i’ve finally found it again.

what was once tricky dialogue and subtle foreshadowing has suddenly become so much more clear. it’s almost like i’m watching it for the very first time. this film changed my life in more ways than one and it’ll forever be close to my heart. it sparked a love and interest for the art of film that i didn’t have before and it gave me timothée chalamet; my favorite person and actor. it’s given me countless memories and a wonderful friendship. my point being, this film is associated with some of the fondest memories in my life and all i can think about when i think of this film is pure bliss and melancholy.

it felt a bit more personal this time around considering the current status of my life and it never fails to find my weakest spot. that feeling doesn’t come around too often so when it does, i intend on keeping it.

sabrina liked these reviews