Blue Dream ★★★★

Simply one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. Actually, it's not one of the most bizarre, it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

I watched this because it looked mildly interesting and had James Duval as the lead, but damn is this one hell of a film. A combination of slapstick absurdist comedy, societal subtext, visals that match that of a Refn movie, and one of the most over the top and surreal performances from James Duval.

I'm really not sure what to make of it... It certainly is never boring, and Duval gives one of the greatest performances of his career, but the rest of the acting is awful, and I really just don't understand what the fuck is happening. Not once have I seen something so unique, so convoluted, so abstract, so... beautifully confusing as Blue Dream.

It really is just a dream I suppose. A dream one can't really decode or explain. A 90 minute dream full of abient score and James Duval eating more than he ever has. Most of all, it's a dream that never really gets solved, one that never ends for that matter.

Blue Dream is just... an experience, and really there's no better way to describe it.