After

After

In my middle school health class, it was explained — more or less — that Toxic Shock Syndrome is a sudden, potentially fatal condition caused by the release of toxins from an overgrowth of bacteria called staph — often affecting menstruating women, especially those who use super-absorbent tampons. The body responds with a sharp drop in blood pressure that deprives organs of oxygen and can lead to death.  

My only explanation for this movie is that most of these characters — particularly the leads — are enduring a lack of oxygen to the brain caused by a staph infection based upon how shockingly toxic they are to each other and everyone around them.

No, I’m not a doctor.  Why do you ask?