Blindspotting

Blindspotting ★★★★★

I take a knee today, to express how I have been humbled. With the latest news stories and politics, it has been flooding my conscious in every moment imaginable, and has grated on my nerves. I even expressed this to some of those close to me.

But who am I to complain? How dare I show disgust for a slight inconvenience in my generally harmless life? When those around us are constantly in a state of fear, unease, restlessness? So much injustice around every corner, and I get bothered because I have to bear witness to it?

I feel ashamed. I feel like a spoiled brat who wasn't getting his way. But then the wondrous power of movies enters my hubris, and I can finally see.

The makers of this movie probably had no idea that back in 2018, it would serve such a huge part in the state of affairs in 2020. I can't think of a more appropriate time to watch this film. And I'm glad I chose now.

This film has a voice that resonates further and louder than I could ever hope to. It is steeped high in comedy, but pushed to greatness by the righteousness in its veins, reflecting all of society, the ills that we need to see.

Sam liked these reviews