Rise of the Planet of the Apes ★★½

More like RISE OF THE PLANET OF IDIOCRACY, amirite? We are talking about a movie, where a lab of professional scientists doesn't realize that an animal is pregnant. Where a professional scientist randomly flaunts his stolen chimpazee in broad daylight and nobody cares. Where a professional vet has no problem with someone having a chimp as a pet, until she learns that his mother was a test animal. Where someone gets contaminated with an experimental virus, while being surrounded by professional scientists, yet nobody seems to check if he is fine. And if it turns out that he isn't fine, the contaminated man runs around town, contaminating random people, instead of just calling the professional scientist who he wanted to visit at home!

I could go on and on! That movie was as frustrating as ape poop!

However, once it started to focus on Cesar and his journey from being an outsider to the leader of an Ape revolution, it definitely becomes exciting. It's just when the movie ends, you realize that the big stakes were that the apes had to cross a bridge and that the whole thing ends as open ended, as these kinds of movies can. Okay, we got two more movies, that apparently wrap the whole story up, but I miss the time when movies ended with a real ending, instead of a "To be continued".
------