Knives Out ★★★½

Marta: *sips coffee*
Me: *Lucille Bluth voice* Good for her!!

A few things to note:

1. Not a single performance from the main cast was a let down. Toni Collette and Jamie Lee Curtis were despicable, Christopher Plummer and Ana de Armas were so sweet, and Chris Evans and Daniel fckn Craig were hilarious!!

2. When Richard refers to Marta as a part of the family, calls her a “good” immigrant, and then absently hands her his empty plate as if she’s a maid... roll in the guillotine please

3. I saw about half of the twists from a mile away, but the other half were well set-up. However, I cannot believe that Rian Johnson named a character Ransom and expected me to not instantly Know What Was Up smh

4. ”Shut Up With That Kentucky-Fried, Foghorn Leghorn Drawl!”

5. The old lady that does nothing but chill out draped in a pile of bougie fur coats and cool hats is EXACTLY how I want to be when I am old

Anyway the plot deserves 3.5 stars but the production value is so good that this movie rounds up to 4 and that’s on good costuming, editing, and casting!!!

EDIT 10/04/2020: yeah the more I think about this movie, the more I realize it was well made but lacked a challenging story, so I’m knocking off a half star.

sarah hanny liked these reviews