Everybody wants to grow up so fast until they've already grown too old.
Happy Summer, Letterboxd!
Ah, shark movies: a sure sign of the season's long-awaited arrival. In spite of myself, and the knowledge that nothing is going to surpass the supreme terror of JAWS or the documentary recklessness of BLUE WATER, WHITE DEATH, I look forward to these echoes of yesteryear's underwater giants.
How does 47 METERS DOWN measure up? Honestly, it was as interminable as the unaccompanied Hispanic children sitting on either side of me in the rundown Regal theater where…
Forget PUNISHER: WAR ZONE. Goldblatt made an 80s action masterpiece.
10 reasons why you should stop everything and watch THE PUNISHER now:
1. Dolph Lundgren (!) as Frank Castle / The Punisher.
2. Jeroen Krabbe (!) as the new don of the Italian mafia.
3. Explosions. Lots of 'em. Explosions within explosions.
4. Scuba-Ninjas. Stop. Read it again. Fucking scuba-ninjas!
5. A deadly woman who crucifies a man with her earrings.
6. A vision of Castle as a broken, fragile,…
"If something excites you, be brave. And go! Try to do it good, but do it." - Menahem Golan
Two cousins, their sincere love of cinema, and the collapse of their empire.
Hartley's previous doc (MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED!) fell victim to a sad tragedy in that it spent ninety agonizing minutes making fun of and shaming its subject matter. ELECTRIC BOOGALOO begins with the same regrettable tone, calling the films "silly," "stupid," and "low budget," but after 15 minutes, the…