[REC] ★★★★½

Stop 24 of My March Around the World: Spain

Fuck, yeah, that's how you do horror! [REC] is one of the most thrilling films I've ever seen, a fast-paced, relentless steamroller of a movie that grabs you and doesn't let go well after the movie has ended. Damn it, Spain you did it, my blood is still boiling.

Alright, I'm trying to calm down (tranquila, tranquila!) and get this critica done, befor I pass out of sheer awesomeness.
I don't know why I waited so long, before I finally watched this modern horror classic, but, hell, was it worth the wait.
[REC] is the best found-footage film ever, no questions asked. It shows how a TV report on firefighters goes way out of hand when they are called to an apartment building in order to rescue an old woman, all thanks to an infectious disease that makes people really, really mad.

Did I mention how fast [REC] is? Because it moves like a motherfucker, pardon my french. Clocking in at an ultra-brisk 70 minutes the film is like a force of nature. The fact that it ends with one of the greatest endings in recent memory is just the bloody cherry on the insanely entertaining horror sundae.

Scary, fast and entertaining as hell, [REC] is a real winner. If you haven't seen it, check it out as soon as possible. I for one though need to check out a heart doctor.

Nos vemos en el otro lado!

Peter liked this review