BlacKkKlansman

BlacKkKlansman ★★★★½

Wow - I am not sure what took me so long to see this movie, but I am happy I finally got around to it before the Oscars. I am working through the Best Picture Nominees and I think this might have been one of my favorite movies from 2018. Spike Lee and team created a very unique movie. The movie is shot extraordinarily, and the score flows very smoothly during the movie. It's not surprising the film was nominated for best picture, director, editing, score, screenplay and nod for Adam Driver as best supporting actor. The performance by John David Washington & Laura Harrier were excellent and Ryan Eggold was underrated. It was surprising that he faded as the film progressed.

This movie doesn't stick to one genre. You have some dark humor with the interaction between Ron Stallworth & David Duke and their phone calls. You have some action and thrilling scenes of undercover police work. Lastly you have some amazing revenge plots where a mix up takes out some KKK members and a racist cop is busted. However the movie ends very fittingly which was heartbreaking and a great call to action and showing the striking similarities for the 70's and now.

Screaming Cinema liked these reviews