Bo Burnham: Inside

Bo Burnham: Inside ★★★★

it’ll stop any day now... any day now...

as the credits rolled and the end music played i felt the same as i did entering the film, empty. i have no reason to feel this way as i usually do nothing to blame it on. for the first time in my life i have friends, believe it or not i’m doing homework, my family loves me... i just feel empty, hollow, a shell of a man. a lot of people have been complaining that it feels forced and manufactured but i truly believe this man went through all of this making this special. i went through my own mini version of this making my first short film. very different things i know. you just feel like shit all the time. you can’t do anything about it and that’s what this special is to me. it’s a mental breakdown casually interrupted by some funny songs and some all too real ones. the laugh tracks give it a nice ambiance. it reminds you how it feels when you step outside, everyone’s laughing. even though in reality it’s fake, it’s a laugh track in your head. this movie just really got to me at my core. i’m 1.5 weeks self harm free and am coming off of a suicide attempt. so yeah i get it. i get the criticisms. but this is exactly what i needed right now. and i can read into all the other bullshit later. great film. i hope to be half the artist bo is one day.

hard 4/5