Suspiria ★★★★

Hooray! Here is a horror movie that was made in the last twenty years that does not rely upon jump scares as a primary method of wrangling up cheap thrills. Sure, it is a reboot of sorts for Dario Argento's 1977 classic, but both movies are similar in tone when it comes to delivering the horror to its audience. Slow, methodical, dark, and it creeps under your skin and will haunt you for a while. That is what I like to see in the experience of watching a horror movie. There are a couple of huge differences that separate the two versions of the story: how it ends; the advancement of prosthetic makeup technology in order to turn one of leading actresses into two major characters, and the addition of a major character that was not in the original. Okay, okay, just by mentioned those three elements I have already spoiled enough of the story. But I will not say anything further that could ruin it. Honestly, I loved this movie and the original one as well. Both are definitely worth watching multiple times.