Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused ★★★★★

Took me way too long to see this movie again. Dazed and Confused, in my opinion is the best stoner comedy ever. Its a perfect mix of comedy and story. Its a great story that on the surface is about seniors initiating the new freshman into high school on the first night of the summer and deeper down is about not letting anyone else define who you are or make you do things that you don't necessarily want to do. On top of the plot, there is a great script that all the actors and actresses use to their advantage, especially the comedy aspects of it. This movie is hilarious, every line of dialogue is just as funny as I imagine it was back in 1993. The characters are also timeless, although they are portrayed as 70's teens, their experiences are ones that teens now experience so its a very relatable movie. The acting is great, one of my favorite actors is Matthew McConaughey so seeing young him in this movie was great, especially when he was one of the funniest characters. On top of McConaughey, we also got young Ben Affleck who although was not a very likable character, was very well portrayed. The rest of the main actors also did a great job with their roles. Richard Linklater did an incredible job directing, the vision is very clear from start to finish with a great and relatable message and the pacing is perfect, never a dull moment. Oh and not to mention the great soundtrack including some great 70's songs such as Slow Ride and more. If you're looking for a great fun movie to watch, I highly recommend this movie.

🔙Palm Springs